Are you passionate about children?
Pre-school Assistant (Bank Staff)
Pay dependent on experience
This is an opportunity to work within a small organisation to really make a difference. Bybrook Pre-school in Yatton Keynell is looking for Bank Staff to cover for staff absences and training days. Working as part of the Bybrook Pre-school team, you will deliver high-quality play and learning opportunities through a wide range of activities within the pre-school. You will be able to communicate well with young children and their parents and carers and have working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
With a minimum of a Level 2 Early Years Qualification, you will have experience and knowledge of the requirements set by Ofsted. Bybrook Pre-school offers good working conditions and an ongoing staff training programme. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Bybrook Pre-school is committed to the safeguarding of all children; therefore all appointments are subject to Bybrook Pre-school receiving an enhanced DBS disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service which we consider acceptable as well as appropriate references.
Reporting relationships: reporting directly to the Pre-school Leader
Purpose of the job:
• To assist the Pre-school Leader in the day to day running of the pre-school.
• To contribute to a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities.
• To ensure the safety and well-being of the children.
• To fulfil all legal and statutory requirements.
Main duties and tasks:
• To assist in the setting up and clearing away of all activities and equipment.
• To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times.
• To ensure that any information received concerning the children is kept confidential at all times.
• To work responsibly and in line with the pre-school’s Safeguarding Children policy and procedure.
• To actively encourage children’s progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities.
• To encourage positive behaviour by presenting yourself as a good role model.
• To advise the pre-school leader of any concerns, accidents/incidents.
• To adhere to the pre-school’s policies and procedures.
• To attend staff meetings as requested.
• To attend training as requested, in-house or off-site.
• To support the work and beliefs of the pre-school by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults.
• To work as part of a team and support colleagues.
• To encourage the participation and involvement of all parents of children attending the pre-school.
• To be flexible with the working practices of the pre-school.
• To be prepared to help when the pre-school may be short staffed, or with domestic duties or other duties as specified by the pre-school leader.
To request an application pack call Jonathan Philpott on 01249 782663 or email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Hours: Variable hours/days per week – 8:00am to 5:00pm – Term time only.
Closing date: 31/03/2016
Name: Jonathan Philpott
Setting: Bybrook Pre-school
Address: Yatton Keynell Village Hall Jubilee Field Biddestone Lane Yatton Keynell Chippenham Wiltshire SN14 7EJ
Telephone: 01249 782663